Which Dr understudy who

I don't beleive there to be "a list" -- at least I've never seen or heard of one.

Any particular reason your looking for one, or just general curiosity?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

(funny!!!)

I was under the impression, based off of recent posts, that JD (your) looking at getting a ht w/ optimal results yet less than optimal costs; no?

I'm assuming you are now *still* considering a ht, yet are looking to find a doc who has great skills (by virtue of working under a great doc) yet has significantly less cost.

Originally posted by JoDirt:

Is there a list of which Doctors who understudy with which doctors?

For instance, I think Dr. Alexander understudy from Dr.Feller.

thanks

Joe,

I don't think it gets better (or a better value) than Cooley, Charles (understudy of Shapiro?) or Lindsey (understudy of Feller?) or Alexander. There's also another Dr. in Canada who worked under Wong.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I was actually going to mention Dr. Lindsey -- I have no idea what he charges, but he is/was an understudy of Dr. Feller....and between Feller's regard, the (albeit limited) work of Lindsey that I've seen, and my one encounter with him, I would def recommend to at least inquire seriously towards him. I'm also ignorant to how exactly Dr. Feller himself's pricing compares to the other docs mentioned, but I do know he was (incidentally) the least expensive of the docs that I looked into.

Dr. Path (in Thailand) is incredibly inexpensive, by all accounts, and his work does look pretty good -- there's a recent thread(s) foating around about him. Not sure if he works out a deal on your travel, but even if not, his pricing could still equate to a sizeable savings.

I'm sure you could find an optimal deal if you inquire enough, though I would think short of going to Thailand you aren't going to find record-breaking savings (i.e. it won't be the difference between having to save up an extra year).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Guest josh - b

I think dr path is a great option for people in the middle east/asia/australasia region but for north american patients the overall saving would be minimal (with the addition of a very long return trip) And as far as i'm aware he doesn't offer any travel discount.

Jodirt, if you are looking for a good surgeon trained by one of the recognised 'greats' then from what i've seen paul shapiro would be an excellent choice. His work looks good and i know he is cheaper than his brother ron.

Dr linsays work also looks very good but i'm not sure if he's any cheaper than dr feller.

Dr nataksui trained under h+w and would be another good option but again i'm not sure how much cheaper he is.

Guys--- what is the type of cost you wish to pay for a HT and how many grafts?

You should NEVER let cost play a role until you narrow your search down to 2-3 docs, then let cost play a factor.

If it simply a matter of "I want to go the best doctor, and I think Dr. X is the best Dr., but I don't think I can afford him/her" then do two things 1. Negotiate a lower cost, or B. plan your HT 5-6 months down the road, and work your @ss off until you get where you need to.

Anyway, to answer the question about Dr. Paul Shapiro-- yes he is slightly cheaper than Dr. Ron, but listen, if you want to go with either of them (or any Dr. for that matter) call and work something out. We have a great travel discount for out of town patients and Matt Zupan really works with everyone to help them reach their goals.

Please don't fall into the trap of thinking "I can't afford a Dr. Ron Shapiro" b/c his rates are right where just about anyone who can actually afford a HT, can go with him.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.