Haircut after HT?

My question is about cutting/trimming the newly transplanted hair after an HT.

I read most of the time the newly transplanted hair just falls out and regrows later on. How long after the HT does most of the hair fall out? If the transplanted hair does not fall out, I'm assuming it is okay to cut it because the follicles have taken root. Is that assumption correct?

What are people's experiences: All transplanted hair falls out? Most falls out? Only a little falls out? And when?

Obviously, we have hairs that fall out all the time but we don't notice because of renewal and the health of the surrounding hairs. But with an HT, there is that about 6 month period before the renewal process becomes more stable, predictable, and expected.

Thanks for replies.

My question is about cutting/trimming the newly transplanted hair after an HT.

I read most of the time the newly transplanted hair just falls out and regrows later on. How long after the HT does most of the hair fall out? If the transplanted hair does not fall out, I'm assuming it is okay to cut it because the follicles have taken root. Is that assumption correct?

What are people's experiences: All transplanted hair falls out? Most falls out? Only a little falls out? And when?

Obviously, we have hairs that fall out all the time but we don't notice because of renewal and the health of the surrounding hairs. But with an HT, there is that about 6 month period before the renewal process becomes more stable, predictable, and expected.

Thanks for replies.

I shedded over 90 % of the transplanted hairs at 1 months after the OP. Then for the next 6-8 weeks nothing much happened. After about 3 months growth is visibly kicking in.

The most progress in terms of change was between 5-6 months as the hair get thicker and start to cover up the head.

Patience is the word.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the replies. Sounds like about 1 month for the hairs to shed. Then the waiting begins anew!

A bit off topic, but thanks for all the picts and experiences you two have posted. Tremendously helpful to me. I will post picts early in the new year in some capacity.

Thanks and cheers to good results!