better doc for need

cottonnc

Where are you? I ask b/c I'm thinking those guys are on separate sides of the country, right?

Both are great, I'm sure. Sometimes you've got to go with who you feel most comfortable with. If you get one of the top 10 or 20 doctors in the world, I doubt there's a lot of difference between #1 and #20. You're still dealing with the top 1 or 2%.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

It would be nice to know -- or have a good idea -- whether the "top 20" docs in the world are virtually equivolent, but it's really speculation until you see clear, (somewhat) extensive documentation of results.

I've spent lots of time on lots of forums, and, even including various word-of-mouth votes of confidence that carry tremendous weight I could probably only name half that number (10).

This doesn't mean the "top 20" aren't virtually equivolent, but the burden of proof is the other way around and this is why it is the norm for people to sing the praises of the usual few (H&W, Epstein, Feller, Cooley, SMG, e.g.) I would bet that the top 20 (if not many more) could deliver a good result; but especially when you begin dealing with large sessions sizes, which may often be optimal for certain people, and which are relatively new, it's a new ballgame.

So, specific to your posts (which I gave a vauge answer to in anothe thread), I would feel initially more inclined w/ Epstein Vs. Limmer due to Epstein's transparency of results, particularly with greater graft counts, which you may want.

2cents

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I answered this question elsewhere---but I believe there are differences in physician skill---just like baseball, Hockey, Horse racing, Brain Surgeons, etc.... there are always those 7-8 guys who are literally the BEST. They do EVERYTHING better and do things others cannot.

There may only be very slight drop offs in talent----but a drop in talent nonetheless.

I believe overall the industry has moved forward---but everyday the best docs get better and the rest of the field struggles to catch up.

This is my personal opinion, of course.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.