"Hey, why are you wearing a hat at work?"

My scalp is like a giant solar panel that converts sunlight into energy that causes me to hyperventilate or operate at extremely dangerous temperatures which could cause me to miss work. icon_biggrin.gif OR

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

dont worry about it, no one except YOU and Your Significant other really care about WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE. You see it really only matters to you. And why should you be embarrassed about your head? Everyone who ever said anything to me, (gals) said "good for you" (probably because they have attachements to other balding men) so good for you only the bald dudes will be jealous or if they are cool they will want to know whats up. Then they will think "good for" you for doing something about it.

bro66,

Nice one. I had to use it today. I've got two more days until staple removal - after a buzz cut, I think I'll be in the clear.

John Se,

You right on- I shouldn't care what my coworkers think. But, as we all do from time to time, I'm trying to duck as much shite as possible from the guys you know?

One guy asked me about the hat. I just told him, I'm just covering up my bald head. He said "Oh" and that was it.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I've been wearing a hat at work for 9 years and have never taken it off at work. So nobody said anything when I came to work with a hat on. Also I work at a machine shop and allot of guys where a hat. I'm waiting for the day I can take off the hat and people say why have you had a hat on for all this time, or I thought you were bald or who's the new guy. icon_eek.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I am always surprised by how many guys can wear a hat to work. I work in an office - there is ZERO chance that I could wear a hat in the office. Only muslims or sikhs where I work can wear headgear inside - it would be considered bizarre and totally unacceptable for a white male to do so - I envy people who can without causing a major problem.

Just tell them that you recently grew a penis on your head and you wouldn't want to be accused of sexual harassment just for being yourself.

In all seriousness, though, you could always just say "I had an operation" or the one previously mentioned "really bad sunburn" and possibly "there's a big cut there from when I hit my head on a cabinet." Anything kind of remote but also very possible.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog