Dr. Jerry Cooley and Dr. Paul Rose Win the Platinum and Golden Follicle Awards

The Golden and Platinum follicle awards are the highest honors given to leading hair restoration physicians by the ISHRS at each meeting. These awards recognize outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair pathophysiology or anatomy as it relates to hair restoration.

This year, two outstanding physicians have been recognized by their peers and given the highest honor of being awards Golden and Platinum follicle awards. A special congratulations to Dr. Paul Rose of Tampa, FL and Dr. Jerry Cooley of Charlotte, NC who received the Golden and Platinum Follicle Awards respectively. Both surgeons are long time members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

For years, these two hair restoration physicians have been recognized by their patients on our forum for consistently producing excellent results. No wonder their peers have recognized them as leaders and teachers in the hair restoration field.

Both hair transplant surgeons were respectfully given a standing ovation by their colleagues at the Gala Ball during the annual ISHRS 2008 scientific meeting in Montreal (see highlights here). Based on the outstanding reviews online by their patients, had they been there, I suspect that the applause would have shaken the foundation.

Congratulations Dr. Cooley and Dr. Rose for your continued outstanding achievements.

See the official Press Release

5941052393_Dr._Farjo,_Dr._Rose_and_Dr_Cooley.jpg

Best wishes,

Bill

I was wondering who adjudicates/decides the winners.

"These awards recognize outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair pathophysiology or anatomy as it relates to hair restoration."

This would include, if not highlight, research into cloning, HM, (FUE) tools, etc.?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

"These awards recognize outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair pathophysiology or anatomy as it relates to hair restoration."

This would include, if not highlight, research into cloning, HM, (FUE) tools, etc.?

I'm sure both of these are excellent surgeons, and truly deserve the awards. I know Cooley is. But, sometimes with the "peer" awards, truly excellent surgeons who probably also deserve the awards don't get nominated because of personality differences.

For example, both Epstein and Feller seem to me to be the types who might arouse some form of jelousy / pissed off-ness (is that a word?) and likely wouldn't be contenders for such awards.

Just my opinion.....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Ya, that's true; I'm just curious that if it's a peer review, which peers get to vote and/or how many appox. do end up voting...?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I know that their peer members of the ISHRS have the opportunity to vote, but I'm not sure the formal voting process.

Whereas winning these awards doesn't guarantee that they are producing world class results, both Dr. Jerry Cooley and Dr. Paul Rose have a positive online reputation for doing so.

See our formal Press Release.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I read your post that you had work by Dr. Feller in NYC 1/8/08. Do you have any advice? Are you happy with the work? I am new to the forum (ID: Sna - I post under my pics and new member) I am goign to be in NY soon and am seriously considering Dr. Feller. Thank you so much in advance.

Sna

email: crash_x@hotmail.com

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry: